Daniella Rand is managing director of The Rand Group, a wealth management team based in San Francisco serving high net worth clients throughout the United States.
A graduate of the University of California, San Diego, Rand has nearly 20 years of experience as a licensed financial advisor and a decade and a half of service as a principal for The Rand Group. Rand is personally licensed to conduct business in Colorado, California, Idaho, Michigan, New Jersey, Minnesota, Alabama, Nevada, North Carolina, and Oklahoma. Other members of The Rand Group’s financial advisory team are licensed to do business in Pennsylvania and Florida.
Under Rand’s leadership, The Rand Group is committed to ensuring that every client relationship hews to the principle that wealth achieves its highest and best purpose when used as a means for turning the deeply held goals of individual clients and families into reality.
Further to this principle, The Rand Group team designs, builds, and deploys customized wealth management strategies designed to achieve clients’ objectives while adhering to their values and mitigating investment risk. Seven key priorities inform The Rand Group’s bespoke wealth management strategies:
- Home, which covers major real estate decisions related to downsizing, upsizing, remodeling, and purchasing or disposing of vacation homes.
- Health, which covers health and long-term care insurance, near-term direct healthcare expenses, and end-of-life care.
- Family, which covers care, maintenance, and support for family wards, aging parents, and minor children in a variety of traditional and non-traditional domestic situations
- Philanthropy, which incorporates all manner of ways to give back — from mentoring young people and junior colleagues, to volunteering in the local community, to providing generous cash or stock grants to local, national, and global nonprofit organizations.
- Work, which covers life-changing decisions such as when and how to retire, whether to continue working part-time in “retirement,” and managing the often complex process of succession in closely held or family-owned businesses.
- Leisure, covering Rand’s clients’ diverse hobbies and pursuits.
- Financial tools that help clients tie everything together and make sense of their goals.
The Rand Group is backed by the global resources and good names of Merrill Lynch and Bank of America, positioning the team to offer a range of wealth management services:
- General financial planning
- Retirement planning
- Trusteed IRAs
- 401(k) rollovers
- Loan services.
Clients working with The Rand Group benefit from Bank of America and Merrill Lynch’s Relationship Pricing program, which affords preferred pricing to loyal clients holding substantial assets with the firm.
Rand has earned a number of awards and accolades for client service and professional attainment. From 2005 through 2008, she earned a place in the coveted Director’s Club, rising to President’s Club in 2009 and the Chairman’s Club from 2010 through 2016. Rand has held the title of Managing Director since 2015. From 2006 through 2011, she was recognized at the Barron’s Winner’s Circle Top Advisors Summit, one of the industry’s most prestigious gatherings. You can learn more about her from her Daniella Rand Ideamensch interview.
Although Daniella Rand’s tireless client service efforts leave her with little downtime, she does manage to pursue hobbies of her own. When not at the office, Rand devotes time to her personal training regimen at her home gyms, ThriveSF and Equinox, or exploring new hiking trails around the Bay Area and beyond. An accomplished and ambitious traveler, Rand has visited New Guinea, Bhutan, and Longyearbyen, Norway, among other hard-to-reach locales.
Rand enthusiastically supports Episcopal Community Services of San Francisco, and spends several hours per month volunteering at homeless shelters in her home city.